CHILD’SPACE MAKES SENSE
JOIN US! TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO COME WITH YOUR BABY TO ONE OR MORE OF THE DAILY MOVEMENT LESSONS.
These lessons – individual or in small groups – are supervised by Dr. Chava Shelhav and part of the international Child’Space training program for professionals. The lessons will be filmed and photographed for educational purposes and to introduce the method to the parents.
The theme of this segment will be crawling on the belly and coming to sit and back towards lying down again. In the practica on the 22th and 28th of April also younger babies can come for a lesson.
What: Free of charge movement lesson
Why: Experience simple and effective ways to support your baby
When: 19-29 April 2018
Where: Amsterdam, Weesperzijde 79a
For whom: Parents/caregivers with babies from a few weeks until 9 months old. When they can’t crawl on their belly or come to sit freely to use in their play they can be older than 9 months old.
Interested? For more information and to register, please contact email@example.com
COME AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR BABIES DEVELOPMENT
Learn simple and effective ways to encourage your baby’s discovery of his body parts.
This helps him feel and sense:
- where his body parts are
- to know that they belong to him
- to sense his body’s boundaries
- to learn how to control and use his hands and feet.
CHILD’SPACE USES MINDFUL AND DIRECTED TOUCH, MOVEMENT, AND VOICE TO FACILITATE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES.
- It nourishes and integrates the senses: seeing, hearing, sensing and dealing with gravity.
- It creates comfort, wellbeing and pleasure with your baby’s own body.
- It helps define the body boundaries of your baby (who am I? This hand belong to me, this is my foot. I can feel, hear, and see it) and nourishes the sense of self.
- It encourages orientation in relation to
- himself (up, down, forward, backward)
- other people (who is important, who can I trust)
- his surroundings (where’s the window, the door?)
- It develops his sense of balance
- It develops his sense of rhythm and sequence
- It helps him learn to anticipate actions around him (momma takes the bottle and is going to pick me up)
- It supports autonomy in self-initiated movements to reach, to act, to pick up and manipulate objects and to start moving around.
For more information and to register, please contact Tjitske via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to see you and your baby!
This post is also available in: Dutch