By ways of deep touch and movement you help your baby sense his body parts and let him know himself better.
Take the opportunity to come with your baby to the daily movement lessons. These live lessons are supervised by Dr.Chava Shelhav and her team, and part of the International Child’Space Training Program for professionals. The Child’Space Method is based on the Feldenkrais Method. The lessons are filmed and photographed for purpose of schooling and introducing the method to other parents.
This segment will be about babies from the time they start to crawl on their hands and knees, sit, and start to come on the knees and pulling up to standing. We are looking for babies with a normal development and could also have babies with a delayed development. So, they can be older than 1 year.
We also are looking for a child with torticollis or otherwise an asymmetrical development.
At the 14th and 20th of October we also have two pratica where students work with babies under supervision. There we are looking for babies of all ages up to 12 months.
What: free of charge movement lesson
Why: experience simple and effective ways to support your baby
When : 11-21 October 2018 at 10:00 or 11:15 AM
Where: Amsterdam, Weesperzijde 79a
For whom: parents/caregivers with babies up to the age of 12 months.
Interested? To apply and for more information please contact Tjitske de Boer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
– On the 11th at 14:30 PM, the 13th, 15th, 17th, 18th and 19th of October 10.00 or 11.15 and the 21st of October at 9.30 or 10.45 AM we are looking for 1 child with:
- Normal development between 9-12 months old or
- from 10 months not able to crawl yet
- from 12 months not able to stand yet
– On the 11th of October at 11.15 AM we are looking for a group of babies, ages 3,3-5,5 months old with a lesson on rolling.
– On the 14th and the 20th at 10.00 AM there are practica where the students work with your baby under supervision. We are looking for babys under the age of 1 year for that.
COME AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR BABIES DEVELOPMENT
Learn simple and effective ways to encourage your baby’s discovery of his body parts.
This helps him feel and sense:
- where his body parts are
- to know that they belong to him
- to sense his body’s boundaries
- to learn how to control and use his hands and feet.
CHILD’SPACE USES MINDFUL AND DIRECTED TOUCH, MOVEMENT, AND VOICE TO FACILITATE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES.
- It nourishes and integrates the senses: seeing, hearing, sensing and dealing with gravity.
- It creates comfort, wellbeing and pleasure with your baby’s own body.
- It helps define the body boundaries of your baby (who am I? This hand belong to me, this is my foot. I can feel, hear, and see it) and nourishes the sense of self.
- It encourages orientation in relation to
- himself (up, down, forward, backward)
- other people (who is important, who can I trust)
- his surroundings (where’s the window, the door?)
- It develops his sense of balance
- It develops his sense of rhythm and sequence
- It helps him learn to anticipate actions around him (momma takes the bottle and is going to pick me up)
- It supports autonomy in self-initiated movements to reach, to act, to pick up and manipulate objects and to start moving around.
For more information and to register, please contact Tjitske via email@example.com
We look forward to see you and your baby!
This post is also available in: Dutch