By ways of deep touch and movement you help your baby sense his body parts and let him know himself better.
Take the opportunity to come with your baby to the daily movement lessons. We are looking for babies for the 5th and final segment of the 4th International Child’Space training from the 17th until the 27th of October. These lessons are given or supervised by Dr.Chava Shelhav and her team. The Child’Space Method is based on the Feldenkrais Method.
The lessons are filmed and photographed for educational purpose and introducing the method to other parents.
The 5th segment of the International Child’Space Training Amsterdam will be about babies/toddlers from the time they walk freely and independent. We are looking for babies/toddlers with a normal development and could also have babies with a delayed development or with special needs.
– At the 17th at 11:15 AM, 18th, 19th, 21th, 24th, 25th of October at 10:00 or 11:15 AM and 27th of October at 9:30 or 10:45 AM we are looking for a child who is walking freely and independent.
With normal development or delayed development.
– At the 23rd of October at 10:00 AM we are looking for 3 to 5 toddlers who are just freely walking.
– At the 20th and 26th of October at 10:00 AM we also have two practicals where students work with your babies under supervision. There we are looking for babies of all ages until 18 months.
What: free of charge movement lesson
Why: experience simple and effective ways to support your baby
When : 17th until the 27th of October 2019 at 10:00 or 11:15 AM
Where: Amsterdam, Weesperzijde 79a
For whom: parents/caregivers with babies from 12 up to 24 months.
Interested? To apply and for more information please contact Tjitske de Boer at email@example.com .
If you are interested in participating, could you please answer the following questions in your mail? We need that information to plan the schedule.
1. name and date of birth of your child
2. what is your child doing in ways of movement?
3. are there special circumstances why the development went different than average?
4. when do you have time in the period of the 17th until the 27th of October (see above about the details of the ages we are seeking)
5. your phone number
COME AND LEARN HOW YOU CAN HELP YOUR BABIES DEVELOPMENT
Learn simple and effective ways to encourage your baby’s discovery of his body parts.
This helps him feel and sense:
- where his body parts are
- to know that they belong to him
- to sense his body’s boundaries
- to learn how to control and use his hands and feet.
CHILD’SPACE USES MINDFUL AND DIRECTED TOUCH, MOVEMENT, AND VOICE TO FACILITATE LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESSES.
- It nourishes and integrates the senses: seeing, hearing, sensing and dealing with gravity.
- It creates comfort, wellbeing and pleasure with your baby’s own body.
- It helps define the body boundaries of your baby (who am I? This hand belong to me, this is my foot. I can feel, hear, and see it) and nourishes the sense of self.
- It encourages orientation in relation to
- himself (up, down, forward, backward)
- other people (who is important, who can I trust)
- his surroundings (where’s the window, the door?)
- It develops his sense of balance
- It develops his sense of rhythm and sequence
- It helps him learn to anticipate actions around him (momma takes the bottle and is going to pick me up)
- It supports autonomy in self-initiated movements to reach, to act, to pick up and manipulate objects and to start moving around.
For more information and to register, please contact Tjitske via firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to see you and your baby!
This post is also available in: Dutch